Add some freshness to a delicious Ground Beef skillet recipe. Korean barbecue sauce is enhanced with the addition of fresh bok choy, bean sprouts, and green onions.
- 30 to 40 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
Korean Beef Skillet
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
- 2 cups baby or regular bok choy, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Korean barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Thinly sliced seaweed and thinly sliced red radishes
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, bok choy and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally.Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Stir in barbecue sauce, water, red pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cabbage, bean sprouts and green onion. Let stand 5 minutes.
Serve beef mixture over rice. Top with seaweed and red radish, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.